Standing Calf Raises
Standing Calf Raises is the perfect exercise because it helps with cardio exercises such as running, jogging and biking.
- This exercise can be done on the edges of stairs, wood blocks, books, etc.
- Do both legs at the same time to start with then, as you get stronger, do them one leg at a time.
- Hold a bag in your hand for resistance as you get stronger
- Stand on the edge of the block with only the balls of your feet on the block.
- Keeping knees stiff and bending only at the ankles, lower your heels down towards the floor.
- Go down until you feel a strong stretch in your calves.
- Reverse the direction without bouncing and push up as high as you can.
- Do this movement slowly to feel the contraction all the way up.
Legs and Buttocks: Leg Extensions
1. Lie on your stomach with your face close to the floor and your arms straight at
2. Stiffening your right leg, keep your knee straight and lift the leg as far off the
ground as possible, making sure that both of your hips remain touching the
ground. Remember to keep your face close to the ground and not to look up.
3. Hold the leg up for 10 seconds and then slowly lower it back to the ground.
4. Repeat this lift for your left leg.
5. Keep alternating legs to lift until you have done 10 to 15 lifts on each side.
UPPER BACK CURL
- Begin on your hands and knees with your back straight and your head up.
- Slowly drop your head and curl your upper back outwards towards the ceiling. Hold for 5-10 seconds, then return to the starting position and repeat.